Ryan believes in a holistic approach to school safety. The physical security and security officers are just one phase of protecting our students. We must balance the metal detectors with the mental detectors.
- Focusing on safety as an environment that is free from fear, intimidation, violence and isolation can lead to an educational climate that fosters inclusion and acceptance for every child.
- All children deserve and can thrive in a safe and secure learning environment.
- We need practices put in place that allow us to proactively build community within a classroom and within a school by nurturing relationships between teachers and students
- Hire more mental health professionals in schools. Taking care of students mental health is just as important as getting good grades.
- Safer school and safer communities are synonymous, Safety of our students need to expand into the communities.